Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Soon to be a toothy grin

That's right, our little guy is pushing up his first tooth. So far, it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much. He was a little fussy yesterday, when it first was visable under his gums. Today I didn't notice any difference in his behavior. I'm guessing that it will poke through the skin tomorrow.

This picture is what I saw when I came downstairs the other day. Erik had pulled his lovey over his forehead. It was a lot cuter in person because he looked less like a deer in the headlights and was smiling bigger.

Today I had him laying on a blue blanket and was talking and playing with him. It was the oddest thing, I swear he started playing peek-a-boo with me. He would pull the corner of the blanket over his head so it covered his eyes. I said, "Where's Erik?" and then he pulled it off his face. He did this about 10 times. It's wierd because I don't really think of him as having the motor and cognitive skills for this. And yet he kept doing the same action. Maybe it was a coincidence but it sure was fun!

Erik holds his right foot now during diaper changes but I haven't noticed him grabbing it any other time during the day. It will be fun when he really gets into his feet.

No comments: