Thursday, September 07, 2006

Life before Erik



When I lay Erik down for a nap, I have no way of knowing if he will sleep for a half hour, two hours, or something between. If I knew that he was going to sleep for two hours, I could get out the sewing machine and do some mending, go outside and water the plants, or do other tasks requiring a chunk of time. As it is, once he's down I pretty much plan on a half hour to get things done and any time after that is gravy. Today I laid him down around 4 or 4:15 and I started prepping dinner. He's been asleep for an hour and a half now, so I've been able to do a couple loads of laundry and get dinner in the oven. It's a wierd feeling to have so much time for chores, almost like I don't have a baby to tend. It reminds me of what my life was like before Erik, back when I could schedule errands and household tasks based on motivation vs. laziness rather than naps and feedings.

No comments: