Friday, December 08, 2006

100 Posts!

Yay for me!

Ok, so enough about me, let's talk about Erik.


Here are a couple of pictures from this week. I let Erik play with my lunch bag and he enjoyed the crinkly noise it made. Somehow he got his arm through both the handles and I think it looks like he's carrying around a chic handbag.

When Erik was born, a friend crocheted him a washcloth. He likes his tiger lovey, which goes with him in the car, and he likes his yellow bear lovey, which goes with him in the stroller. However, at this point the lovey of choice seems to be the washcloth. I think he likes that he can pull it and it stretches. Also, he seems to like to pull it over his head when I lay him in the crib, and the holes keep him from smothering himself. The great thing about this lovey is it is easily replaceable. For example, over Thanksgiving at my parents', the washcloth disappeared into the sofa cushions for a few days. My mom found a virtually identical washcloth that her aunt Helen had made 20 years ago. This temporary replacement was completely acceptable to Erik.

So anyway, now that he's crawling, he has found that he can sit and play with the lovey, then when he wants to crawl over to some cords or something, he can put the lovey in his mouth, thus freeing his hands for crawling and pulling cookbooks out of the bookcase. I think it's hilarious, because it's such a niche skill. In a few months he'll be walking and then it will be easy to keep the lovey close by as he explores. But for now, Erik has adapted.

No comments: