Tuesday, July 28, 2009

vocabulary burst

About a month ago a friend posted on his blog that his 15 month old daughter had some unusual vocabulary words. I thought to myself, "Wow, Adin is 14 months and he's barely saying anything yet." Not that it's a problem but just being aware of how much Erik said at 15 months.

Well, what a difference a month makes! Last Thursday I jotted down all the words, signs and gestures that Adin is doing right now.

duck
night night (waves)
banana
more (says occasionally)
hi
no (shakes his finger back and forth)
outside (says 'side')
milk (signs)
mama
Erik
Adin
Papa (or bapa or dada)

things he's said or signed once
cracker
shoe
go
help
yeah

Pretty impressive! He's so amazing how much he understands. I feel like I can give him any instruction in our daily routine and he understands. Get your shoes, change your diaper, go downstairs, give me a kiss,... It's not always perfect of course. Today I told him we were going downstairs and he went straight to the door to the upstairs. But still quite genius-y, don't you think?

No comments: