Friday, June 23, 2006

Baptism and shots


Well, we had a wonderful, busy weekend. There was a bison cookout on Saturday night courtesy of Paul and Lois. Sunday morning we all gathered at Edina Community Lutheran Church. It was fun to dress Erik in the baptismal gown that Jon and I wore over thirty years ago. I'm not sure that Erik enjoyed it quite as much as we did, but he took it in stride. He looked around and listened during the service, then was ready for a nap right about the time the baptism started! So he fussed some while Ronnaug was holding him, but everyone is used to that at a baptism. Pastor Pam walked around the sanctuary holding Erik and letting the congregation get a closer look at our beautiful boy. It may be a while before I can post pictures as we accidentally sent our camera home with Linn!

Everyone gathered at our house for lunch from Byerly's. The house was full of people talking and laughing. I hope we remembered to take pictures and video but we probably were too busy to remember! Sunday evening, 15 of our closest relatives ate at McCormick and Schmick's in Minneapolis. I had the Sunday $17 lobster. I'm not sure I've ever had a lobster before. It was delicious. Many people helped entertain Erik so I could eat. As Gary said, every time he looked up someone was gone from the table with Erik.

Tuesday was another big day for Erik. He had his two month checkup. He weighed 11 lbs, 13 ounces (although he's 12 lbs at home), and measured 24 1/2 inches long. That puts him in the 50th percentile for weight and 90th for height. I was very glad that Joe was able to get off work and come to the appointment. He stayed with Erik during his immunization shots. I had to look away. It didn't seem to affect Erik much except I would swear he spat up a lot more that afternoon and Wednesday. That was a relief.

Last night Erik went in four hour time periods between feedings. Hooray for Erik!

No comments: