Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Adin at play

Adin stumbled across a little stuffed chick or duck he got at Easter. I was reading the paper and watching him out of the corner of my eye. He gave the duck a drink of water from my water bottle. Made it walk around. Brought it in the bathroom and tossed it in the bathtub with the rubber ducks. Took it in Erik's room and put it on Erik's bed and tucked the blanket around it. So cute! Then he brought it in the back room and tossed it behind the couch.

He has a book he's wanted to hear over and over. It's a board book with tabs to pull. Each page has the same cadence: ask a question, give two choices, make a comment. So he brought me the book and I read it to him, then handed it to him to read by himself. He was babbling on each page with the correct cadence. It was so cute to hear him babbling with the same intonation I had just used!

No comments: