Monday, April 28, 2008

Flying Solo

Well, all the grandparents have gone home and Joe just left for work. It's just me and the two munchkins. It will just be for the afternoon, so I'm not too worried. I'm more concerned about tomorrow. Our neighbor emailed to let us know her son has croup. I was mentally counting on Erik getting to go over and play with the big boys this week for a few hours, like he usually does.

People ask who we think Adin looks like. It's easier for Joe to see the similarities to his side of the family, and for me to see the similarities to my side. When I look at Adin's face, I sometimes think he looks like my dad or my Bestefar, probably because of the forehead and eyebrows. Sitting here at the computer, with the way the light is hitting his hair, right his hair looks red, red, red, and in profile he reminds me of the baby picture of my mom that's hanging above her parents' bed. I think Adin's eyes are much bluer than Erik's were at birth. Erik had grey-blue eyes, but I think Adin's are truly blue.

My internet connection won't let me post a photo right now, but I'm sure everyone will have lots of opinions to share in the next few months, as Adin fills out a bit.

No comments: