Friday, February 15, 2008

Muffin Man


Remember a few months ago I wrote that Erik was in the bath and said, "Water going down the drain"?

Since Christmas we've been on a big muffin kick. A couple times a week he helps me mix up (usually blueberry) muffins. We always sing "Do You Know the Muffin Man" (just like we always sing "Rub a Dub Dub" while washing his hair). So now he knows the muffin song pretty well and will sing it while playing on his own, but he can't say Drury Lane. During a bath, earlier this week, he was singing "Muffin Man" in the bath and said, "Do you know the Muffin Man who lives in the drain?"

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hey Anne - This is my favorite variation of the Muffin Man: Put in your child's name and the street you live on. "Oh do you know the Erik man who lives on (wherever you live)". I'm convinced Sam learned his street relatively early because I sang that to him.

Also, the pancake lady and the biscuit baby. My classes always enjoy those. The food variations can be endless.